Friday, June 14, 2013

MUMFORD & SONS CANCEL BONNAROO APPEARANCE, JACK JOHNSON TO HEADLINE ON SATURDAY IN THEIR PLACE

       The Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival was informed yesterday that Mumford & Sons had to cancel their Saturday headlining appearance due to bassist Ted Dwane's medical condition. In Mumford & Sons' place, festival organizers are pleased to announce that Jack Johnson will now headline Bonnaroo on Saturday night.
       The staff at Bonnaroo have expressed wishes for Dwane to have a speedy recovery and look forward to the band returning to the festival in the future.

A Message from Jack Johnson:
       I was on my way to Bonnaroo to sit in on a set with my friends ALO last night when we got the call asking if I could possibly help out and cover for Mumford and Sons. I heard the news about Ted Dwane and was happy to know that he was on his way to recovery.  I called my band and asked if they were up for it.  Long story short - they are headed this way.  I've got a lot of lyrics and chords to relearn by Saturday night.  I was here to play the first Bonnaroo and it is a very special festival to my band. We are excited to hit the stage again.  Get well Ted!

Aloha, 
Jack 

No comments:

Post a Comment